In this episode, University of Alberta Neurosurgeon, Dr. Andrew Nataraj, will review the clinical presentation and approach to management of acute disc herniations in the spine.
After listening to this podcast you will be able to:
- Know the importance of managing an acute disc prolapse
- Discuss the basic approach to acute disc prolapse, including imaging and referral to surgery
- Explain the differential diagnosis of the abrupt onset of a Neurological Deficit
- Describe what Cauda equina syndrome is and how common it occurs
- Understand management of Cauda equina syndrome
- Describe differential diagnosis for acute neurological syndromes
- Review lateral disc herniations
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.