In this episode, Dr Jonathan White discusses basic concepts and anatomy relating to anal fistula.
After listening to this episode, learners will be able to:
- Define what an anal fistula is
- Describe the clinical presentation of the patient with an anal fistula
- Outline the important anatomical landmarks of the anal canal and draw the ‘owl’ and ‘cucumber’ diagrams
- Explain how an anal fistula forms
- List the four common types of anal fistulas
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.