This week resident Danica Kindrachuk talks about Post-Operative Pain.
After listening to the podcast learners will be able to:
- Understand the scope of pain surgical patients experience.
- Explain the pathophysiology of acute pain.
- List some benefits of proper post-operative pain control.
- List the classes of drugs used for acute pain control.
- List the indications, mechanism of action, and side effects of these drugs.
- Understand the rationale for the use of non-pharmacologic therapies in pain control.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.