In this episode, Dr Mark Joffe discusses the need for hand hygiene in hospitals and in surgery.
After listening to this episode, learners will be able to:
- explain the importance of hand hygiene in preventing the spread of infection
- describe the evidence for the effectiveness of hand hygiene
- identify alcohol-based handrubs as preferable to handwashing using sinks
- list the 4 moments of hand hygiene
- explain how to use “Way In Way Out” in practising hand hygiene
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.