In this podcast Dr. Leah Gramlich, a gastroenterologist at the University of Alberta, discusses nutrition in patients.
After listening to this podcast you should be able to:
- Describe why (mal)nutrition is important in your patients
- Describe dietary components, guidelines and food considerations in hospitalized patients
- Describe strategies to enhance food intake in hospitalized surgery patients
- Discuss alternatives to oral diet – rationale, routes
- Describe Enteral Nutrition- indications, contraindications, complications
- Describe Parenteral Nutrition – indications, contraindications, complications
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.