In this episode, Dr Jonathan White reviews the basic concepts relating to the diagnosis, staging and treatment of rectal cancer.
After listening to this podcast, learners should be able to:
- list the typical symptoms of rectal cancer
- explain the importance of rectal examination in diagnosis
- outline how rectal cancer is staged
- describe the information considered when planning treatment for rectal cancer
- list the operations performed for rectal cancer
- list the important outcomes of rectal cancer surgery